- More than 20 years of experience writing and creating content for print and digital publications.
- Worked as an editor at PC World magazine for 15 years, the last seven as executive editor for PCWorld.com.
- Content expertise: food and travel, dating and single life, science and technology, health and fitness, Web and online marketing.
- Technical expertise: familiar with a wide range of Web techologies and platforms,social media, search engine optimization, e-mail newsletters, site navigation, and content strategies for increasing site traffic.
Partial Client List
Daimer.com: 2009- 2012
- Worldwide supplier of commercial cleaning equipment.
- Created content ranging from techical explainers to case studies to product buying guides all designed to increase site stickiness and reduce bounce rate.
- Wrote press releases and other marketing pieces optimized to drive Web traffic.
- Assisted with site-wide redesigns, advised on navigation strategy, developed content for microsites.
Software.com: May-June 2007
- Online supplier of downloadable software.
- Developed content and content strategy for launch of Web site.
- Hired freelance writers, edited and wrote content, including: product reviews, tips, and feature stories.
PCWorld.com: Two projects in 2007
- Edited e-booklets on a range of products and technologies.
- Developed two Web sites and two blogs, which host ads and a shopping cart.
- Created Facebook Fan page (2,000 Fans) that includes a shopping cart.
- Created presences on other social networks, including Linked In, Twitter, GoodReads, and Google+
- Created Youtube channel for video and Box.net page for hosting audio.
- Produced print and ebook versions of a book of short fiction. - Lectured about marketing for writers at local colleges and adult education centers.